Monday 15 October 2007

A possible return to the blog

I have been contemplating posting for a while now but after seeing this post from Stephen Dubner on the Freakonomics blog, I decided if nothing else I had to share it with the much much smaller world who reads this and for some reason doesn't read the Freakonomics blog.

Best Post of the Week

If I can muster up the energy to compose other, less linky things I will continue.  Otherwise here are a few things you should do while awaiting my next missive:

  • Buy the first season of Friday Night Lights.  And by "buy" I mean download it here.  If you don't know what a torrent is, read about it here (along with other ways to catch up on TV).  After you have finished watching it, start watching FNL Season 2. Unlike the presidential elections, one person CAN make a difference.... if that one person is Jeff Zucker.
  • Buy the first season Dexter.  Same as FNL, 'buy' it then start watching the second season. Its off the hook good.
  • Don't buy a copy of the oft mentioned book by John Grisham Playing for Pizza.  I made the HUGE mistake of buying it and now plan to burn each page individually. Since they charged me $20 for a 250 page book, that's 8 cents a page.  Its actually worse than Bleachers which I assumed was his real low point.
  • Buy every Richard Russo book ever written.  You can pass on the book of short stories (they are all eventually turned into the books you have just purchased).  He won the Pulitzer for Empire Falls but my favorite is The Risk Pool. His new one isn't the best but also isn't the worst. I wasn't a fan of the ending but its probably because im an asshole and possibly because I can't empathize with a 60 year old woman.

 

  • Last but not least, convince your friends to read this blog.  If you cant, you should visit it atleast once from each computer you use so it can have more hits. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

finally, some sanity returns to this wild and crazy blog...